Saint Edmond’s Academy is an independent, Catholic, academy for boys grades Junior Kindergarten through 8 in the tradition of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Rev. Jacques Dujarie organized the Brothers of Holy Cross, originally called the Brothers of Saint Joseph, as a teaching community in France in 1820.
In 1837 the Very Rev. Basil Anthony Moreau associated these Brothers with a society of auxiliary priests which he had founded in 1835 in order to establish the Congregation of Holy Cross, a religious community of both priests and brothers. After the establishment of the University of Notre Dame in 1842, the Brothers founded additional schools across the country, adding to other Holy Cross schools in Europe and throughout the world. The Brothers were invited to sponsor and administer Saint Edmond’s Academy when it was established in 1959.
The picture above shows a global representation of Holy Cross communities and missions all over the world. It is important to the Academy that our students have an understanding of the larger world around them and feel a connection to their brother and sister schools, no matter how many miles away they may be. Students may have pen-pal relationships with students in other Holy Cross schools and often work to raise money for Holy Cross missions in other parts of the world.